Monday 29 November 2010

Examination in chief, redux

From this entry, about my first law exam, on Property (the principles of). Anyway, there I opined, honestly, that "[b]eing pessimistic, it's probably a third, if I'm lucky". Clearly, I'm both pessimistic, and more than lucky, as the paper was graded A5. The marking scheme gloss on that is "[a]n [weakly] excellent performance"; it's a first in normal university speak (albeit a poor one). To say I'm astonished is an understatement. Because this exam is both a "formative" and "summative" assessment, I will get the script back, but I haven't yet retrieved it (or the Criminal essay) from the pigeon holes, deep in the bowels of the Stair Building, because of the snow (and ScotRail's inability to cope with it), so I have no idea how I managed to achieve such an erratic result (I've never had a first in an exam before, to the best of my knowledge).

Now I have to get down to the serious work of revising for the imminent Contract, Criminal, and Constitutional law exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment